ANTHONY THE GIANT AUSTRALIAN INSECT
DINOBOT - The world's largest Australian Bulldog ant model, 300 times normal size, was made in Herstmonceux
The giant Australian Bulldog ant model, is not in any way connected with the generating history of Herstmonceux Museum, other than being built using their facilities, in association with Jameson Hunter Limited, for their Sectasaur, and Magic Dinobot, story development and special effects.
In the late 1970s, Max Askaroff, brother of Alex Askaroff, brought back a bulldog ant (myrmecia regularis) from his travels in Australia. Even compared to the largest wood ant in the UK, this specimen was huge, and it had attacked and eaten a tarantula and a scorpion in the same transit jar. How 'Maxy,' as he was known, managed to get them all into one large jar alive, we cannot imagine. Dangerous to say the least. That the Bulldog ant had come out victorious against such deadly foes, was impressive enough a feat, to spur all concerned on, to want to learn more about this tough little bush animal. Especially since they grow up to 40mm in length and can run faster than a man. It was the stuff of science fiction. And that, coupled with the developing disciplines of robotics, mechatronics and animatronics, triggered the as yet incomplete story: Jimmy Watson and The Magic Dinobot. The Christmas wish of a budding AI programmer.
THE MAGIC DINOBOT - Ideal as a live action network streamed TV series
Jimmy Watson is just an ordinary boy. He attends an ordinary school. He is a loner with just a few friends, and quite a few enemies. He often wanders off into a world of his own in classes, not listening to his teachers fully, on those occasions. Although he truly admires his science master,
loves physics and maths lessons, and especially metalwork, when he gets to make things in steel and other exotic materials.
This was all another world of wonder for young Jimmy.
THE MAGIC DINOBOT - Could be a Disney/Dreamworks/Pixar style animation for all the family at Christmas
SECTASAUR - Movie goers seem to enjoy a good monster movie, the bigger the better: Alien, Godzilla, Jurassic Park, King Kong
This Jameson Hunter story, is a variation on the 1954 classic movie "THEM" with a tinges of Alien, Godzilla, King Kong, and "Jurassic Park" thrown in to the mix. Set in a future where the planet is boiling from fossil fuels, and the Antarctic ice cap is rapidly melting. Though not far from the truth today, this story was conceived over thirty years ago, the rights recently acquired. So far, it has only been developed in outline form. With Kulo-Luna and Cleopatra's Mummy, far ahead in development, and recently published as full (draft) scripts, as part of the John Storm franchise. Jameson Hunter, is a story developer, looking to publish graphic novels, subject to favorable market surveys.
View from the front. Anthony is actually the artwork for a book: Jimmy Watson and the Magic Dinobot, from the Jameson Hunter Ltd., stable. Deemed to be suitable for adaptation to a TV series: Jimmy dreams of building a giant robot ant as a special project, then one day his dreams come true when the robot he has built is transformed into a living, breathing, companion. CHAPTER 3, CH4, CH5
same artwork also works as a John
Storm film: SECTASAUR -
OUTLINE: At a time in the not too distant future, the ice melts at both poles revealing features on the land not seen for 200 years. A converted Frigate, the US Arktos is discovered at the South Pole locked into melting ice. She has been missing since an expedition in 1838. A famous ship at the time, formerly the USS Essex, she had been bought at auction in 1837 and hastily refitted by a group of explorers who had come by a fossilized artifact thought to be of considerable archaeological importance. The fossilized jaw was said to have originated in Antarctica brought back as a souvenir by the Russian explorer Fabian Gottlieb von Bellinghausen during his fabled 1820 expedition.
In Australia it is law that building sites have to be cleared of bulldog ants before work can begin. They can paralyze a man with a single sting. So by all means study these social miracles, but be careful - they are very aggressive and they bite.
IN SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - (Myrmecology, Biomimetics, Ant colony optimization algorithms)
- MI6 and the CIA decide to send in John Storm, an expert diver, archaeologist and enthusiastic adventurer to report on the goings on. Storm is happy to oblige if it means adding to his DNA collection for his usual fee - a hefty donation to his favourite charities. Having equipped his solar powered ship, the Elizabeth Swan, with arctic clothing and supplies, he, Dan Hawk and Charley Temple sped from the Southern Ocean to the Weddell Sea and there to Deception Island, an extinct volcano.
SECTASAUR™ - CHAPTERS (suggested sequence order)
1: US ARKTOS 1838 EXPEDITION - The ice melts at both poles
revealing features on the land not seen for thousands of years. A
converted Frigate, the US Arktos is discovered at the South Pole locked
into melting ice, then freed.
5: IT'S MURDER ON THE ICE - Several fatal accidents occur in quick
succession, then an egg clutch is discovered in a section of a tunnel.
Chang eliminates the remaining opposition. Then nurtures one egg through
a simulated incubation.
8: WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH - Confirmed, they lived when
dinosaurs ruled the earth. Dinosaurs starve in volcanic/asteroid winter.
Sectasaurs have higher tolerance to freezing conditions, eat
competition, then hibernate.
14: FIRST AID - Charley and John patch creature's wound with
antiseptic and bandages. The giant insect feigns immobility. Understands
dialogue between John and Charley is not aggressive or threatening, and
marks these two humans down as allies.
NO REMORSE - John & Charley welling up inside, tears. A
well-built soldier is delighted at kill. "Yes," cried the
soldier. "Yes," said John, punching the soldier out. Up to
that point other military thought they had saved their lives.
SECTASAUR™ - CAST
JIMMY WATSON - Having built his giant robot ant, it comes to life to play. When his mother finds out, there will be hell to pay. Jimmy had not thought that far ahead. Fortunately, Anthony, freezes when other humans appear.
OTHER TITLES - Cleaner Ocean Foundation has produced two full scripts for the above stories.
BULLDOG ANT - The real ant, all the way from Australia, is an exhibit at Herstmonceux Museum.
ROBOTICS - As a machine, hexapods can traverse extremely rough terrain. At this size, they can rescue humans, or walk on the surface of planets, where Moon Buggies are unsuitable.
DISTRIBUTION & DIVERSITY
There are several innovative vehicles and vessels on permanent display at Herstmonceux Museum, including:
1. Art Gallery - Collection of paintings, pictures, graphics, sculptures, wooden carvings & exotic glassware
2. Archives - Historic documents library, patents, trademarks, copyright, films, catalogued legal papers & letters
3. An Edwardian ice well, throwback to the days before refrigeration
4. A large underground (condensation/cooling) and water storage chamber for ice making
7. Three PV boat models, Navigator, SWATH & 2 cats + route map prior to Swiss PlanetSolar
9. AmphiMax, radio controlled (working) beach launching & recovery vehicle for SeaVax
13. The fountain of youth, supplied from natural well water drawn on site
14. Second World War, 'Anderson Inspired,' bomb proof shelter constructed by Major Charles de Roemer
18. A complete mummified squirrel, found when re-roofing the Museum June 2017
21. Solar panel, sun tracking system, with battery storage
22. A hornet's nest found on site & preserved in 2016 (reported as [Asian] invasive species, to be safe)
23. Three sewing machines, including an antique Singer and a Brother industrial.
24. Adventure climbing frames for children (back to nature) Swiss Family Robinson
Copyright © 2023 Lime Park Heritage Trust. A not for profit organisation with charitable objects.